Sunday, October 28, 2012

#Sample Sunday- A Heart Not Easily Broken- "Since race is not a problem, go out with me tomorrow night."

Ebony Campbell went out with her girlfriends with the intention of finding a man worthy enough of her time to have a summer fling. Good conversation and sex. How hard could that be? Little did she know, the man who stepped up to the challenge would be a blond haired bass player in a band. She thought her attempts to discourage him worked...or did they?

Missed last weeks excerpt? Check it out!

Excerpt:

He raised a hand to tick off fingers. “You’re educated, you have a smart mouth, and you’re not supposed to be attracted to me.” He creased his eyebrows in thought. “That’s not enough, I’ve got more questions.”
Vexed beyond belief, I threw my hands up in surrender.
“Okay, fine. If it will save money, I’ll play along. What’s the question?”
He grinned in victory while I massaged the bridge of my nose.
“Do you have a problem going out with me because I’m white?” he asked, straight to the point.
“What?”
His hands went up in defense. “Hey, you’re the one who made a big deal about it. Me? I see a sexy woman who’s got more to offer than just her looks and a body that’s…well, there’s a lot more going on, I’m curious. So what do you say?”
That was unexpected. It took several tries before I could open my mouth. “No, I don’t have a problem with you being white.”
“Somehow I find that hard to believe,” he said, matter-of-factly.
“Well, it’s true. One of my best friends and roommate is white,” I said in defense.
“Good. Since race is not a problem, go out with me tomorrow night.”
####

****Amazon Best Seller in MULTICULTURAL ROMANCE and AFRICAN- AMERICAN LITERATURE & FICTION!!! BUY your copy today for $2.99!!! **** Visit AMAZON and Goodreads and check out the reviews! Now available in PAPERBACK on AMAZON!!!



MJ

Connect with me on the following sites: 
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book. When is your next book coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The second novel in the Butterfly Memoirs Series, JADED, will be published March 2013. Keep an eye out for snippets and shared post coming your way in the next couple of months!

      Delete