Sunday, October 21, 2012

#Sample Sunday- A Heart Not Easily Broken- "I knew there was something about you I liked."


Ebony Campbell went out with her girlfriends with the intention of finding a man worthy enough of her time to have a summer fling. Good conversation and sex. How hard could that be? Little did she know, the man who stepped up to the challenge would be a blond haired bass player in a band. She thought her attempts to discourage him worked...or did they?

Missed last weeks excerpt? Check it out!

Excerpt:


I took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before blowing it out. “Why do you care? There were plenty of women ready to jump at the opportunity to be with you. Why are you interested in me?”
“Why not? I’ve seen most of those women before.” He laughed at my screwed up facial expression. “That didn’t come out right. What I mean is they are all the same. None of them have caught my attention like you do.”
My mind went back to the buffet of women available at the bar, the brunette who gave me the evil eye, red heads, a few blonds, women of every size and shape.
“So you wanted me because I’m black. Or is it because you saw me wearing a tight dress and figured you’d get me in bed as a trophy. You know, sex with a black woman?” I rolled my eyes. “I’m an educated black woman with a good head on my shoulders, not some ‘ho from the hood. If that’s what you want, then I suggest you go take a ride down−”
Brian’s dimples popped as his lips pulled back in a hearty laugh. He shook his head. “I knew there was something about you I liked.”
I stared at him in confusion. Was he serious?
“You’re feisty and don’t hold back, I like that. And yes, the color of your skin did have something to do with it.”
I pointed a finger at him. “See, that’s what I thought.” I moved to march back inside, steam practically blowing from my ears.
“No, I’m pretty sure you’re thinking the wrong thing. Your skin is beautiful. And by the way, I’ve dated black women before.”
That comment put the brakes on my exit.
####




****Amazon Best Seller in MULTICULTURAL ROMANCE and AFRICAN- AMERICAN LITERATURE & FICTION!!! BUY your copy today for $2.99!!! **** Visit AMAZON and Goodreads and check out the reviews! Now available in PAPERBACK on AMAZON!!!



MJ

Connect with me on the following sites: 
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Facebook

2 comments:

  1. She's so feisty, but he refuses to be deterred. Go get her, Brian, and tell her to stop thinking about skin color; it's what's inside that counts. :)

    Great book, friends. I finished and posted my review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1S96HYTSKK7CF/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009DID8HW&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

    ReplyDelete