Sunday, December 2, 2012

#SampleSunday- A Heart Not Easily Broken- Supportive Relationships

Lasting relationships are built around more than just love. Understanding, support, and the ability to sit back and just talk - or listen - to your lovers day, are key. For Ebony and Brian, who are in an interracial relationship, its these moments that solidify their decision to be together more than just how great the sex is.

Excerpt:

She looked at me, chewing on her lip. “The only problem is now I’m worried he’s going to try and hold it against me and mess up my chances. Since then, he’s been keeping a closer eye on everything I do, as if he’s waiting for me to screw up, so he can have something to hold against me in case I change my mind. Work was stressful enough with the competition between the five interns for two positions.”
I reached for her bottom lip and pulled it from between perfect teeth. “Stop. If anyone’s going to chew on your lip, it’s me.” She shook her head and grinned. “Don’t sweat it. You’re good at what you do, and he knows it. If he didn’t believe you were capable of doing the job, he wouldn’t be interested in your education. There’s no real need for him to try and find something to hold against you. You’ll be able to get the job without his help. It sounds as if he’s trying to find something to hold over your head, just in case you change your mind. Don’t worry about it.” Unable to resist the plump pink flesh still glistening from her tongue, I leaned in to kiss her lip.
“Hmm.” Her eyes opened slowly. “You are so supportive. That’s one of the reasons why I like being with you.”
Instead of answering, I kissed her again. Man, could she kiss. Before meeting her, I preferred kissing other places than just mouths. Lips had always seemed like a formality. The real action came when I focused on other parts of the body. But with Ebony, kissing was pure pleasure; an opportunity to explore and plunder.
I pulled back and ran my finger along her flawless skin. “None of the guys you’ve dated have supported your career?”
“No. The last guy decided one day he wanted a family which meant I would have to quit seven years of college, become his wife, and start popping out babies.” She scoffed. “That wasn’t about to happen.”
“You don’t want a family?”
“Of course I do, when the time is right. But the time isn’t right for me. Once I finish school, it’s going to take a few years to get myself established in my field. The stress and strain of a relationship mixed with a new career isn’t the right way to start a family. So children are not in the works for me, not right now.”
“So what about us? What exactly are we doing?” I lay back on the bed while Ebony sat up. She looked down at me, her perfect breasts jiggled from her movements.
“I’m not sure. What do you want?”
My eyebrows creased, I reached up and pushed fallen hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.
“I want you, but not just like this. I want this to be more than just sex. I promise there will be no one but you. I’ll be here for you whenever you need me, for support, conversation. Sex.” I jogged my eyebrows.
Ebony laughed. “You’re not looking for anything else right now?” Her eyes shot over to my tattoo.
“In time, but for now, this is what I want. Can you handle it?”
She made a show of deep thought. “Yes, I can, because I want the same.” She leaned down and kissed me.
Oh yeah, she definitely wanted the same thing. Ebony wasted no time straddling me. I gripped her hips as she settled down. I would have rather she just climbed aboard but there was no protection in place. Her hands rested on my chest as she stared down.
“I could get used to this.”
“Me, too.” I slid my fingers over her beautiful bare skin. “So what are you waiting for?”
Her smile was sexy as hell as she leaned down and brought her mouth to mine. Time for round two.
####


****Amazon Best Seller in MULTICULTURAL ROMANCE and AFRICAN- AMERICAN LITERATURE & FICTION!!! BUY your copy today!!! **** Visit AMAZON and Goodreads and check out the reviews! Now available in PAPERBACK on AMAZON and BARNES&NOBEL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment