Sunday, December 16, 2012

#SampleSunday-A Heart Not Easily Broken- Meet Yasmine Phillips


This week I'm going to do something a little different. For the past few weeks the samples I've shared have been from both Brian and Ebony's POV. Today I will introduce you to the POV of a secondary character, Ebony's best friend, Yasmine Phillips, who has her own story coming out in March, Jaded.

This is the second time when her POV takes stage in the novel and serves as a great way to show exactly where her head is at in regards to relationships at this point. What happens here is important, because by the end of A Heart Not Easily Broken, she is not the same.

Excerpt:  


I’m getting married!
So much to do, so little time. Or was it? It all happened so fast we hadn’t set a wedding date yet.
Javan surprised me by arriving before I got off work with a box of chocolates and a dozen yellow roses. Our plans were to have dinner, of course. It didn’t surprise me when Ebony and Brian opted not to hang with us. Ordinarily I would have been mad, but not tonight. At least one of them broke away from whatever kinky sex they were having and answered when I called to share my happy news. Even though the call ended abruptly, I knew deep down, she would be excited for me.
Ebony and I didn’t see eye-to-eye when it came to relationships. I was happy she’d finally found the man right for her. Brian definitely knew how to take care of my girl. I wished them happiness. A smile spread across my face as Javan snored in his sleep. I definitely had found mine.
Now that my life and relationship seemed to mirror hers, I hoped my dedication to the career I wanted would be the same. Like Ebony, I would do whatever it took to see my dream come true. Over the past few weeks, she’d inspired me to make plans to transition to my dream job as a fashion consultant. I’ve always had a passion for fashion, hell after growing up near Hollywood and Rodeo Drive, who wouldn’t?
For the past two months, I’d been toying with the idea to make my business official. My parents didn’t know I had offered my services to hotel guests as a test study. Since they worked primarily at the original hotel’s location, I had free range over what happened here. The only thing my father expected was paperwork and reports turned in on time, along with increased profits. As long as I produced, he didn’t keep an eye on the day-to-day activities.
So far I averaged at least two clients a week. I could only imagine what would happen once I advertised my services outside of the hotel. I’d just started on my business plan. When it was complete, I would present it to my father, and if all went well, they’d not only give me their blessing, but financial backing as well. If they agreed to let me rent out an unused room in the hotel, I would have an affordable storefront, and draw business to the hotel as well. It would be a win-win for all.
 If everything went according to plan, Dreams would be up and running in three months. But first, I had a wedding to plan.
 ####





****Amazon Best Seller in MULTICULTURAL ROMANCE and AFRICAN- AMERICAN LITERATURE & FICTION!!! BUY your copy today!!! **** Visit AMAZON and Goodreads and check out the reviews! Now available in PAPERBACK on AMAZON and BARNES&NOBEL!!!



1 comment: